What is Upward Bound?
A program that serves low-income High School students in order to help them feel more prepared to complete a four-year degree. Upward Bound does this by:
· Providing experience to our students in a college-like environment. This way, they know they can be successful in college.
· Providing study skills throughout the high school year
· Provide tutoring services, upon request
· Provide career awareness and advisement
· ACT vouchers for junior and senior years of High School
· Providing social atmospheres so they may better their social skills
· Providing an environment and services which fosters future planning.
There is 2 parts:
1. school year (weekly meetings, quarterly seminars, parent meetings)
2. Summer Residential Program (@ Dixie
Upward Bound serves the following High Schools:
· Pine View H.S. – contact Teresa Peterson @ counselors office
· Snow Canyon H.S. - contact Jamie Kreyling @ the library
Want to learn more about Upward Bound?:
· Visit the TRiO-Upward Bound Federal webpage
The project described herein is funded by grant P047A990776-02 to Dixie State College from the U.S. Department of Education under the Federal TRiO Programs (Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, amended). Any opinions expressed herein, however, do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the U.S. Department of Education. Upward Bound News is published in the UB office, Dixie State College NIB 111,
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights,